Make Hope A Tradition
Help us continue our 50 year tradition of uniting the community this holiday season. Our goal is to provide 7,200 food boxes and 16,500 toys, bicycles, and books, but we need your help!
HELP BY DONATING
Give a monetary donation, a turkey or a gift.
START A FOOD DRIVE
Organize a group and multiple your donation efforts.
Give your time and make a difference in the lives of families in need.
Your donation will change lives
First you come because of your heart. You start out by using your hands. The next step is to start using your head. Look for something that needs improvement, and improve it!
Sometimes Phyllis comes Sacred Heart for help. She’s small, thin, and very kindhearted. Last year, Phyllis came the day before Thanksgiving searching for food. To her dismay, she heard that we had run out of holiday turkeys. That’s when a volunteer saved the day by making sure that she got one. Phyllis immediately started to cry. She smiled, cried tears of joy, and said thank you to everyone in sight. She was surprised and excited and joyful all at once. Phyllis said “tomorrow when I eat this I will be thinking of you.” We told her “we’ll be thinking of you too, Phyllis.”
We currently need toys and books for children living in poverty.
Holiday Food and Toy Drives
YOU can make a huge difference in a family’s life by organizing a drive!
Follow These Easy Steps:
- Choose your team: Invite your co-workers, classmates or teammates to participate in your drive. You can collect at your place of worship or with friends, family and neighbors!
- Choose your item: Would you like to collect Turkeys, Pop Top Cans, or Toys. For Details about our Pop Top Can Needs, click here
- Register your drive and start collecting: Register your drive with us!
- Celebrate your success! Gather your team’s collection and bring it to Sacred Heart. Let us know when you come and we’ll take photos of your group with your donation.
Tool kit to get you started:
You can find some sample letters/emails to edit for inviting your team to participate in your drive. Don’t forget to explain in your invite why this is important to you!
- Letter to co-workers: Invite your co-workers to participate in the drive (pdf)
- Letter to family/friends: Invite friends and family to participate in the drive (pdf)
Brochures and Posters:
These are some of our brochures and posters that will help you to promote your drive!
Holiday Services Information
You can sign up for our Holiday 2014 Program on Friday, Nov. 7th, time TBD. Limited appointments are available – first come, first served.
Our Thanksgiving and Christmas food program is available for families living in these zip codes: 95110, 95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95134. If you currently don’t have a physical address you can still sign up for our non-cooking bags.
Our Toy Box program is available for all children under 18 years old, regardless of where they live.
In order to sign up for our program, you need to bring an ID for EACH member of your household and a current proof of address.
Acceptable documents for adults:
- Government Issued Picture ID
For children under 18:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Card
- Medi-Cal or Healthy Families Card
All documents must have child’s FULL NAME and COMPLETE BIRTHDATE
Acceptable documents for proof of address:
- Current PG&E Bill or any other bill with your name & address, received in the last 30 days.
- Any MAIL correspondence with your name and address received in the last 30 days.
Not in our zip code area? Call Second Harvest Food Bank 1-800-984-3663 and they’ll refer you to the appropriate agency.